Weekly Updates

Reflection (#5)

DISCLAIMER: I just read Matthew Om's reflection post, and I liked the way he laid it out. So, I'm going to copy him. 

The Bad 
     I hate presenting by myself. That hatred is greatly intensified when I am forced to present to an audience of above-average IQs while I'm at the mercy of two teachers who can basically just say "well, that SUCKED" and fail me. So, I would say, without a doubt, that creating a presentation and script was definitely my least favorite part of the project. I was so nervous that I spent the entire class beforehand (in science) staring blankly at my screen and preparing myself for humiliation (ask Arnav). Although (for once) I had taken initiative and started preparing about a week in advance, the thought of completely forgetting my script and staring stupidly out into the abyss of my fellow classmates while they laughed in my face lingered over my head in the coming days.



The Good
     On the other hand, I really the opportunity for creativity that this project offered. I didn't dread going to my teacher's house to work on pieces, dare I say, it was actually something I looked forward to *gasp*. Using a pottery wheel is very therapeutic and helped me combat the excessive CORTISOL  running through my body as a result of school induced STRESS (shout out to the brain project! We don't miss you.). More so, I liked seeing what everyone else was up to. I was really impressed by some of the talent I saw on stage.



The Presentation
     I kind of went over this in THE BAD section of this post. I hate presenting. But, honestly, it wasn't nearly as terrifying as I thought it was going to be. Well, that's a lie. But, at least I didn't mess up terribly. Also, I really enjoyed seeing everyone else's presentations. They were really entertaining. In the future, I will definitely enhance my visual aids. They were pretty bland. Also, I will try and make my actual presentation less boring.



    This project was actually pretty fun. Though it came with like, one or two late nights when I forgot the blog post was due the next day, it wasn't too stressful. And that 30-point "halfway grade" was a pretty nice gift (thank you teachers). I look forward to seeing what the rest of the school year has to offer. Hopefully I make it out the other side in stable condition. Au revoir!


Amanda M.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda, you did a really nice job on your presentation and it defiantly didn't show how nervous you are. You're a very good presenter. One question though, do you think you'll continue doing pottery to combat stress?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To begin with, I feel honored to have been copied off of. But it has been awesome following your blog (kinda, I read them all when I watched your vlog). I've always wanted to do pottery because I think it would feel cool and be fun to get messy like a child again. I wish I could've watched your presentation because I heard it went well from some of the kids who watched it. By the way, I totally agree with all the things you complained about because I went through similar, stressful experiences.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram